[App_rpt-users] mr roboto

Don Russell w9drr at live.com
Mon May 4 14:02:53 UTC 2009

I finally got a low profile pci usb 2.0 card for my dual xeon 2.2 server.

I installed the version of asterisk/zaptel from the files.tar.gz no errors.
asterisk starts, app_rpt module loaded fine. however any audio has
a horrible mr roboto sound. the CW ID is at best 5wpm, even though
its supposed to be 18. its like there is a 30hz modulation/irq being applied
to everything audio wise. tones were off. I am assuming some timer/IRQ issue.

the server has 1 usb 1.1 port so I put the fob on there and same thing
happens.

running gentoo (latest, patches, updates...etc)
kernel 2.6.27 (gentoo-r10)

the pci card showed up fine and my usb-serial dongle is working on it great.

here are the kernel modules running. am I missing anything important. I normally
compile in most everything.

Module                  Size  Used by
ztdynamic              12140  0
zttranscode             9484  0
ztdummy                 6992  0
zaptel                185636  3 ztdynamic,zttranscode,ztdummy
keyspan                32772  1
usbserial              28904  3 keyspan
w9drr ~ #

any ideas?