[App_rpt-users] DTMF codes to activate function

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 26 21:21:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just as a heads up to anyone new reading this and learning about app_rpt and
also as a question to the more experienced node owners out there, I have
noticed a little niggle with the DTMF tone sequences used to activate
functions on app_rpt.

Here's the scenario:

In my rpt.conf I have a function:

94 = cop,something or other

All is fine until I try and add a command 941 to do something else.

The new code wont work and app_rpt seems to ignore the extra digit on the
end and just activates the function that is associated with the code 94.

I'm not sure if this is really a bug or not but it certainly had me teased
for a good few hours recently when I was adding some new functions to my
node.

I was expecting code 941 to work but it just wasnt - I was testing a new
feature which had been added and I wasnt sure if I had busted the feature or
something else had gone wrong!

I changed the code to 95 and all worked as expected!

Just something to be aware of really I guess unless its an easy fix for the
app?

Cheers,

Matt
G4RKY