[App_rpt-users] First experience with ACID app_rpt & usbradio audio popping problem.

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Wed Nov 18 14:57:52 UTC 2009

Jim Duuuude wrote:
> if you dont mind, I would like to ask a completely left-field question.
>
> What kind of ethernet hardware do you have on your system, and what kind of
> bus controller (northbridge, etc). Back in the really old days when we first
> were using Zapata Telephony cards, we found a number of drivers that had, well
> lets say, some serious issues in Linux.
>
> Thanks for humoring me.
>
> JIM WB6NIL

>> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:27:01 -0500
>> From: steve at michiganbroadband.com
>> To: sales at qrvc.com
>> CC: app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] First experience with ACID app_rpt & usbradio audio popping problem.
>>
>> Stephen Rodgers wrote:

I'm on test machine #4 now this one is a P3 @450Mhz  on an Asus P2-99
Motherboard.. no built on video audio or ethernet..
A bit of a slower CPU on this one the audio dropouts are about the same
(just as bad no worse) Turning off the stat post
by commenting out the two lines makes a HUGE difference for the better
but still not perfect as there is still some dropouts..
This is totally stock off the ACID install after all updates & setup.

I still (badly) need to try David's suggested source and re-compile
fixes and see what I get.
I've certainly found that the stat post part of app_rpt is really making
the problem show up when it is active.
Besides needing to apply & try David's fixes I am still at the same time
trying this on a variety of different hardware..
So far ACID out of the box has had the same issue of 4 different systems.

On this last attempt with a P2-99 I've gotten away from the VIA chipsets
and pretty much all of the on motherboard problem/frustration causers.
This Motherboard uses Intel NB and SB.. A copy of the manual for this
one is at: http://stuff.michiganbroadband.com/p2-99.pdf

Cheers!
Steve

believed to be clean.