[App_rpt-users] Feature request(s)

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:35:07 UTC 2009

See comments interspersed below.

Steve
WA6ZFT

> From: "Scott Weis" <kb2ear at kb2ear.net>
> Date: 2009/10/22 Thu AM 10:10:23 PDT
> To: "app_rpt users list" <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Feature request(s)
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a few feature requests. They are:
>
> 1). Output CTCSS only when valid input present (Local or remote), not during
> hang time, ID's etc.

This will have to be revisited after we gain the ability to change CTCSS tones to app_rpt. There's no way for app_rpt.c to do change CTCSS tones dynamically because XPMR/chan_usbradio.c does not support this yet. There is an open Mantis feature request to add this ability to chan_usbradio/XPMR, but this work will have to be done by Jim, WB6NIL, and Steve Henke W9SH as I am not cognizant of
the internal workings of this code.

> 2). Initial ID. After timer expires due to inactivity it gives a different
> ID than the normal 10 minute ID. (ex: Welcome to the XYZ repeater, PL 123.4
> instead of CWID or other Voice ID)

Please log as a feature request on http://mantis.qrvc.com.
You'll need to sign up for an account if you don't alreay have one. Suggested title: Add Separate Clean Up ID Message

> 3). Some way to insert a pause in to macros.

Why is this needed? What problem are you trying to resolve?