[App_rpt-users] Slightly OT: Help with IAX2 protocol/NAT

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Wed Oct 28 03:15:03 UTC 2009

I have a problem that I need help with, and google is not being very useful
at the moment (or I'm feeding it the wrong query, which is probably the
case).

I have two Asterisk boxes, both sitting behind a single NAT'ed public IP
address. I have IAX2 traffic from Allstar pointing to the app_rpt box, and
SIP traffic pointing to the other box which is acting as my home phone
system. I keep both systems separate for various reasons, so running this
all on one installation was not an option, hence the two separate boxes :)

I want to take advantage of the IAX2 protocol for the box running my home
phone system outside of my LAN, but the problem is as I only have a single
IP address UDP port 4569 is already pointing to the app_rpt box.

I have been shifting a few ideas around in my head, none of which I think
will be easy to implement, or even guaranteed to work with my desired
results. It's entirely possible that I may be trying to re-invent the wheel,
but as I know there is much talent on this list concerning Asterisk maybe
someone already has a solution for this :D

Please reply to me off-list if you can/are willing to offer me some help or
maybe even a clue ;)

73 and tnx
Stephen
K1LNX