[App_rpt-users] Node not registering

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Sat Oct 31 19:09:16 UTC 2009

Doug Bade wrote:

>> If all the nodes are on the same PC then no other forwarding statements are required in the firewall/router.
>> The one statement for 4569/udp will serve them all.
>>
>> You will need to add register statements for each node in iax.conf, and optionally statpost statements
>> in rpt.conf.
>>
>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT
>>

> Excellent... I will be working on this over the weekend.... I appreciate
> the info...It will be the same computer, just other nodes running from it..
> Thanks for the quick help!
> Doug
> KD8B

Well all is now well. It was a firewall issue. I am using Untangle
Firewall /Router and it utilizes a VM for the firewall subsystem which
allows for 2 filtering options. One is a complete bypass at the network
interface level ( this is what is working now and a true port forward)
the other is a rule set through the Firewall with Iptables and a gui to
configure it. I was not able to get the firewall ruleset  working so the
bypass method works.. The bypass makes it faster but the audits in the
GUI never see it if it is not a ruleset. Hopefully this may help others
if it comes up :-) I may work on the ruleset as I would love to control
and monitor bandwidth and such which the gui does... in the long run I
would prefer it.. but were up!!!!!!
Doug
KD8B