[App_rpt-users] USB audio and telemetry timers

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Sep 5 08:13:30 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

Well, since I haven't heard of any solutions to my USB audio choppiness
issues, I decided to have a go at it myself. I've added several hacks to
chan_usbaudio.c that GREATLY improve the sound quality on my system. Now,
false DTMF decode events are infrequent for me--as compared to sometimes
occurring every few seconds. The trade off is that I'm letting a few
frames of "real" DTMF tone pass thru the system without muting before
deciding that a DTMF tone is really present.

Also, I have experimentally modified the soundcard_writeframe() function
slightly. Now, this source is raspyness is improved, too.

I'll post code for evaluation if anyone is interested.

73, David kb4fxc