[App_rpt-users] Echolink Unauthorized

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Sep 19 17:47:13 UTC 2009

Eric Tichansky wrote:
> Consider this thread "static".  Apparently the node update had not
> processed until several minutes later:
>
> [Sep 19 12:25:17] NOTICE[15356]: chan_echolink.c:2102 do_el_directory:
> Directory pgm done downloading(full,compressed), 4345 records
>
> Connection is fine.
>
> NO3M
>
> Eric Tichansky wrote:
>> Left out some information:
>>
>> Asterisk CLI:
>> [Sep 19 12:21:12] ERROR[15355]: chan_echolink.c:2185 do_new_call: Cannot
>> find DB entry for a/ipaddr/XX.XX.XX.XX
>>
>> The IP (XX.XX.XX.XX) is consistent with the public IP where the client
>> is initiating a connection from; the echolink master servers are also
>> reflecting the correct client IP.  I assume the DB entries are being
>> updated periodically, but even after waiting a while, connects are still
>> "un-authorized".
>>
>> 73 - Eric - NO3M
>>
>> Eric Tichansky wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anything specific that needs to be configured to permit certain
>>> connections to the repeater via echolink?  Specifically, when attempting
>>> to connect as user X to X-R (repeater), the client returns
>>> "Un-authorized".  The echolink.conf file has no permit/deny parameters,
>>> so by default all connections should be accepted?
>>>
>>> Hopefully this hasn't been asked elsewhere, if so, please direct me to
>>> that thread; otherwise, any pointers appreciated.
>>>
>>> 73 - Eric - NO3M

Bingo.

When run the echolink app on your pc, chan_echolink will not accept
connections until it downloads an update to the authorized nodes list
with your PC's node number in the update.

The thing to remember is that you must wait 5-10 minutes before trying
to connect so that a node update includes your PC's node number.

Steve
WA6ZFT