[App_rpt-users] irlpsetup

John (WB5NFC) wb5nfc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 22:37:06 UTC 2009

John (WB5NFC) wrote:

>> Is there a different procedure for setting up irlp in app_rpt.c version 0.203?
>>
>>  ./irlpsetup.sh
>> --14:07:24--  http://dltest.allstarlink.org/installcd/irlp-centos-install
>> Resolving dltest.allstarlink.org... 67.23.8.125
>> Connecting to dltest.allstarlink.org|67.23.8.125|:80... connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>> 14:07:24 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>>
>> chmod: cannot access `irlp-centos-install': No such file or directory
>> ./irlpsetup.sh: line 13: ./irlp-centos-install: No such file or directory
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> John
>>

> We have since released the latest to dl.allstarlink.org. Please use the
> ISO to download and install from dl.allstarlink.org. Your installation
> attempting to get it's files from dltest.allstarlink.org which means the
> iso you are currently using was obtained from there.
> dltest.allstarlink.org is a test site and shouldn't be relied upon for
> production systems.
>
> If you are adventurous, you can try editing the file /etc/rc.d/acidrepo
> and change the url inside of it to dl.allstarlink.org, but this may not
> work if the test version you are running is very old.
>
> Steve
> WA6ZFT
>
> -------------
>
> OK, now you're really confusing this newbie... isn't the ACID app_rpt.c version 0.203 installed on CentOS 5.3?
>
> The download link at dl.allstarlink.org indicates Centos 5.1
>
> ISO image: allstar_link_centos_51.iso
>
> John / WB5NFC

The contents of the ISO and CD remains the same regardless of which
version it is. During the update process, it will become Centos 5.3 with
app_rpt version 0.203. A lot packages and source code get downloaded
from the net after the CD boots. What is on the CD is just enough to get
the process started.

Steve
WA6ZFT

----

Thanks for the education. Makes perfect sense. BTW, your suggestion to edit /acidrepo worked. My test download was only about a week old.

The node appears on IRLP but apparently I still have some configuration to do. Doing my homework now before I ask more stupid questions...<g>.

John / WB5NFC