[App_rpt-users] Announce: ACID version 0.9 released [or where did the pgp binary go?]

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sat Sep 19 23:17:53 UTC 2009

Keith Williamson wrote:
> I decided to start from scratch with the new v0.9 CentOS 5.3 iso.
> All went fine and my Allstar node (2541) registered fine and my echolink
> node registered fine. However, when I attempted a NEW install of irlp, the
> irlp-centos-install script bombed out on line 423 when it attempted to run
> /home/irlp/bin/pgp. The pgp executable is missing. I checked with a "tar
> -tzf  irlp-centos-dist.tgz" (in irlp-install-files) and it is indeed
> missing.
>
> Should I just do a yum install of pgp and link pgp into /home/irlp/bin or
> are there perhaps more files missing from the irlp-centos-dist.tgz?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith, KF7DRV
>
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Stephen Rodgers <
> hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Keith Williamson wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> Looking at the installcd directory at dl.allstarlink.org, I only see an
>> iso
>>> for CentOS 5.1 dated March 9.
>>>
>>> Also, I have been trying to do the IRLP setup for a NEW IRLP node and the
>>> install script bombs out when it gets to the point of doing the wget of
>>> irlp-centos-dist.tgz. This morning I was able to manually download it
>> with
>>> wget but then tar complained that it wasn't a valid gzip'd file. Just a
>> few
>>> minutes ago, it appeared as if the file is not even in the installcd
>>> directory anymore.
>>>
>>> Is the installcd folder just in flux for a day or so while the switchover
>> is
>>> made to 0.9 or am I missing something fundamental here?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Keith, KF7DRV

>> http://dl.allstarlink.org>

>> config)
>> present
>> chop

>> The ISO usually doesn't change when an upgrade is release, because most
>> of the code is downloaded over the network using install scripts.
>>
>> The  irlp-centos-dist.tgz tarball got inavertently deleted during the
>> move over from dltest. It has since been restored.
>>
>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT

Good question....

The file on dl.allstarlink.org is missing the mentioned binary. We are
working to regenerate the correct binary with everything necessary
included.

The same faulty file is in our revision control system as well! Grrrr....

Please be patient, we'll announce when the file has been updated....

Steve
WA6ZFT