[App_rpt-users] new user advice

Little Denver denver.little at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 19:51:25 UTC 2010

I'm new to ham radio and would like to build one of these to demo for our
club. we are looking at using the ACID installation with the dmkeng URI
interface. our question is about the radio. On the URI site it list's out
using a frs or gms radio. Does this mean that i can use my Yaesu FT-60 as
the simplex repeater? basically following the wiring schematic at
http://www.dmkeng.com/images/9080-FRS.pdf

<http://www.dmkeng.com/images/9080-FRS.pdf>again i am just wanting to demo
this to our club, i understand that in a production environment this is not
the recommend solution. i am just wanting to demo the aspects and
flexibility and hope to have the club invest into a real production system.
also i dont want to take apart my HT, i would prefer to just plug it into
the PTT/Data cable port.

--
Thanks & 73,
Denver Little