[App_rpt-users] Asterisk conference on 64 bit CentOS?

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Apr 11 23:24:22 UTC 2010

I have been running a 64-bit CENTOS system, with a 64-bit build of Asterisk
for about a month now, with no apparent adverse effects (version 216 of
app_rpt).

There were a number of warning messages for compiling app_rpt.c - but
apparently nothing fatal. Asterisk itself compiled fine.

I would point out that my machine has 4G of memory (I am considering
reducing it to 2G, which is way more than enough).

If there were some problem about pointer type/sizes it might help if all the
memory was in the lower address range...

I also compiled the add-on package to get format_mp3.c  - it had a few error
messages too, but plays my National Weather Service MP3's just fine.

The hardware is a Dell 2850 PowerEdge server with dual 64-bit Xeon CPU's.

Ken Jamrogowicz
KE2N
27021