[App_rpt-users] New releases of Limey Linux and ACID

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Wed Apr 21 11:20:39 UTC 2010

On 20/04/2010 12:19 AM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:

> New Software!
>
> ACID Version 0.11 : (http://dl.allstarlink.org)
>
> Centos 5.4 based auto install of an Asterisk/app_rpt system,

<-- Hi Steve;  I just built two new systems last week using the ACID ISO
that was current last week!  I do have another project on the
back-burner... my own repeater site where nodes 2182 and 2424 are
running.  Node 2182 is running half duplex into an RC-210 repeater
controller, which seems to be very volatile!  The controller arbitrarily
locks up, unlinks ports, resets the clock, and so on!

The two things that I really like about the controller are:

1.  The ability to send out the ident without enabling the PL, so folks
with a ctcss enabled receiver don't hear it!

2.  The ability to turn off the PL before the carrier drops, again,
folks with a ctcss enabled receiver do not hear a squelch crash - it's a
seamless transition.

I believe the feature described in #1 has been added a little while ago.
  I am not sure about #2 - can the timing between the PL drop and
carrier drop be varied to ensure that there is a nice seamless
transition? - I recall trying this out some time ago but, as I recall,
the timing could not be changed and we still heard a squelch crash.

Thanks,

Ramesh.