[App_rpt-users] Strange oscillation

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 18 12:08:49 UTC 2010

  Shawn,
  I'm also running an M120 with URI and it works fine. Maybe try another
mobile to see if you can duplicate the symptoms, or see if the power
supply is bogging down when the M120 goes into transmit (i.e. voltage
drops from the load).

  A 10-25W M120 should be run between that power range; a 25-40W in that
range. My M120 is a 1-10W model and I keep it at 3W running just fine.

  Another tip: the URI and/or USB FOB handles PL encode/decode just fine
but not DPL. If you want to use DPL, setup the radios to use the 'PL and
COS' logic output and configure the interface to look for a 'carrier'
signal only from the radio (in the rpt.conf file). So basically the
radio does all the signal work and just tells the interface a signal is
present, removing the need for DSP processing.

Tony