[App_rpt-users] Asterisk on Xen DomU?

"Jeremy R. Geeo [KDØEAV]" kd0eav at clear-sky.net
Wed Aug 18 13:58:19 UTC 2010

  On 8/18/10 7:50 AM, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:
> At 10:10 PM 8/18/2010, you wrote:
>
>> In addition, there is one modification I've had to make to the zaptel
>> source in order for it run correctly within a Xen DomU. ztdummy attempts
>> to use the RTC which is incorrect on Xen - I've had to comment out part
>> of zaptel-1.4.12.1/kernel/ztdummy.c to prevent it from making that
>> choice. I'll have to locate that fix/change - you'll recognize the issue
>> when asterisk finally starts up w/ ztdummy and complains about timing.
>
> Yep, found that one in Google, ztdummy now loads without causing a
> panic, and got my configuration downloaded off the AllStar server. :)

Was the RTC causing the panic ?? or was there something else you did ??

> Now, just have to work out how to link it to the rest of the system
> permanently. :)

Let us/me know how this goes... I've spent some time trying to make
tbd/tlb work with Asterisk; I've managed to make lots of garbled sounds
with chan_rtpDir thus far and that's about it. I have used chan_echolink
with pretty good success; but I like some of the features that tbd
offers. I've done very little with IRLP - I've only gone as far as
receiving an experimental IRLP node number a few days ago - but I
haven't picked it up much since then.

- Jeremy, KD0EAV