[App_rpt-users] Email validation on allstarlink.org

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun Aug 22 20:33:15 UTC 2010

Doug Bade wrote:
>   I have had this happen on some embedded mail servers I run.. if the
> reverse dnslookup for the mail server IP address does not match the
> outgoing mail server IP address, they go out but get dropped into the
> bit bucket at SOME ISP's... Maybe something like that??? I changed a
> static IP and needed to change the dns record to match, even though only
> off by
>
> Doug
> KD8B
>
> On 8/22/2010 2:08 PM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:
>> For some reason unbeknownst to us, some users are not receiving validation emails from allstarlink.org when they sign up
>> for a new user account. We know the server is sending these out. For those users experiencing difficulty with this, I
>> can do a manual validation. I just need to know who is having issues so I can send a validation request from my personal
>> email account using your email address in the database. If you respond to the message, I'll manulally validate the account.
>>
>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT

Reverse DNS isn't the problem----

srodgers at steverod:~$ nslookup allstarlink.org
Server:		192.168.17.1
Address:	192.168.17.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	allstarlink.org
Address: 67.215.233.179

srodgers at steverod:~$ nslookup 67.215.233.179
Server:		192.168.17.1
Address:	192.168.17.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
179.233.215.67.in-addr.arpa	name = allstarlink.org.

233.215.67.in-addr.arpa	nameserver = ns1.securedprivatenetwork.net.
ns1.securedprivatenetwork.net	internet address = 67.215.238.44

---

It's something else.

Steve
WA6ZFT