[App_rpt-users] node wont start with out internet

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Mon Aug 23 01:32:07 UTC 2010

Hi All, I have a node that I recently setup with a static ip.
It seems to be working fine but...

If the ethernet cable is not plugged in and the node is rebooted
Asterisk starts but the URIs are not running.
Once I plug in the internet then the fobs start working.

This node was built using the old system but the version of APp-Rpt is
0.255.

If the cable is connected then it boots fine.

Also I tried connecting to a switch with no internet connection and
rebooted - same thing none of the USB interfaces were not working.
Plugged the router in then the fobs start.

If I disconnect internet the node works ok. Its just at boot up that it
has this problem.

Older nods didn't seem to care about the internet not connected.

If I put the node on DHCP then it boot up ok and the fobs work.

Any ideas?

My concern is if this node is deployed and internet is lost with a power
failure then the node will hang until internet is back.
that would take down the repeater that it is planed to control.

Jon