[App_rpt-users] What am I doing Wrong-Playback Command

KI6PSP (Ed) ki6psp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:46:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Ken <ke2n at cs.com> wrote:

> see   http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/node/143
>
>  you can't have
> [functions27178]
> 50=(something)
> 5=macro
> it will stop as soon as it sees the 5 in your DTMF sequence and look for a
> macro to match the next digit
>
> Ken

Understood, that is why I had commented out the 5= line for testing, when
the 50=playback didn't work, I swapped the comment to the other line, and
tried it the other way.

I understand the * for the start of the command and close with the #. When I
test the *52, it does say the time. That is not what I am getting at.

I want to occasionally say, "*50 for information", then when somebody pushes
*50, it will play another recording that will have the basic instructions
for repeater usage. I can't get the playback command to work. I also tried
using the playback command in the [functions27178] stanza vise the
[macro27178] stanza, so I must be using the command wrong.

Can anyone assist me with this?

KI6PSP