[App_rpt-users] Female voice announce levels

Ken Leisten dacndar at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 16:38:00 UTC 2010

If you read the instructions on the support pages for creating custom voice
announcements with the Audacity program, you'll see that you are instructed
to set the final level of the voice file to -6 db before saving it. I assume
that this is based on 5Khz deviation radios. The voice announcements are
mixed with all the other levels through the sound card chip and I suspect
that the only way to adjust the voice without affecting the other levels is
to re -record the sound files with a lower level specifically for use with
narrow band 2.5 Khz radios.

Ken