[App_rpt-users] Weather Script

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Dec 10 21:10:34 UTC 2010

This is excellent but it doesn't speak to the requirement of a severe
weather warning.

Try this

http://webpages.charter.net/w0anm/irlp/WxScripts.html and

http://webpages.charter.net/w0anm/irlp/scripts/WxScripts-0.9.4.noarch.rpm

You want the getWxAlert script. It calls out to NOAA and downloads an
XML file formatted in the Govt's new alerting format. If you poll it
every minute you'll get an update as soon as it's posted.

We have it configured on our 220 repeater such that a severe event gets
play instantly and then every 10 minutes for the first hour and then 20
mins for the second hour and then 30 mins thereafter until the event is
canceled.

The script can be modified to collect other info too. Amber Alerts are
now using this XML format as are DHS and other Govt agencies.

Mark

/\/\ark Phillips