[App_rpt-users] one-way connection making

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Wed Dec 22 03:32:51 UTC 2010

Are you saying that when you connect to one of your nodes on your LAN you
have one-way audio?

If so you need to edit your rpt.conf on both nodes.

Node that uses port 4569
[nodes]

; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link
nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a
definition
; for your locak nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes
here.

2063 = radio at 127.0.0.1:4569/2063,NONE   ; This must be changed to your node
numb
2064 = radio at 192.168.XXX.ZZZ:4568/2064,NONE,y

Node that uses port 4568
[nodes]

; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link
nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a
definition
; for your local nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes
here.

2063 = radio at 127.0.0.1:4568/2063,NONE   ; This must be changed to your node
numb
2064 = radio at 192.168.XXX.ZZZ:4569/2064,NONE,y

If you only use rpt_extnode for find your other node, then it use the public
address. This makes your node route to the outside of your router then back
in. If you edit [node] in rpt.conf you can tell your node where to the other
node is on your LAN and not route to the outside world and back in.

David