[App_rpt-users] Reverse Autopatch on Simplex node

Carl Davies carlm1elr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 18:34:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to get reverse autopatch working on my simplex node,

The setup so far, I have an IP phone on the same network as the box, I have
added an extension in asterisk and all is good, If I dial *6 100 (the phone
is extension 100) from a radio then the phone rings, if I answer the phone
then I'm connected to the node with vox operation from the phone, that part
all works fine and I'm very happy with it.

If I do a reverse patch things are different, I dial on the phone the node
number (27473) which is answered straight away without any beeps
or announcements, the node goes onto TX with my phone audio being
transmitted, there is no vox operation, to stop the TX I have to dial #, I
then can't get the node TX again, I have tried *98 and even changed the
command against cop,6 to another number but nothing.

If I dial any digit the node goes onto TX and you hear the dtmf digit
transmitted then the nodes goes back to RX, if you dial *5 only the 5 is
transmitted on air, the * is never transmitted (expect that is normal)

I would like the setup to work the same on reverse patch as forward patch
works,

Many thanks for any help,

Best Regards and Happy New year.

Carl Davies (M1ELR) Node 27473 Liverpool, UK