[App_rpt-users] Tweeting node status

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 22:21:17 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Here is my latest attempt at my connect script which posts the node's status
on Twitter.

It now detects the type of connection ( IRLP, Echolink or Allstar ) and also
has a lookup for some often used connections from my node to put some more
detail in the tweet.

I am sure the Linux gurus out there will cringe at my crappy attempt at
scripting but it works and you gotta start somewhere :-D

I bet there are much better ways of doing this but this is all I could come
up with tonight.

Here it is for those that might want to do something similar:

# Detect if Echolink node number or not
if  [ $2 -lt 300000 ] ; then
let nodeno=($2-300000)
systype="Echolink node "
if [ $2 -eq 3001332 ] ; then
name="MB7IBA"
fi
fi

# Detect if IRLP node number or not
if  [ $2 -lt 49999 ]; then
let nodeno=($2-40000)
systype="IRLP Node "
if  [ $2 -eq 49755 ] ; then
name="UK Reflector"
elif [ $2 -eq 49453 ] ; then
name="WIN System, California"
fi
fi

# Detect if Allstar node number or not
if [ $2 -lt 3000 ]; then
let nodeno=$2
systype="AllStar Node "
if [ $2 -eq 2237 ] ; then
name="GB3ZY"
elif [ $2 -eq 2259 ] ; then
name="GB3DQ"
fi
fi

# Tweet it
curl -u username:password -d status="GB3FH connected  to  $systype $nodeno
$name" http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml &