[App_rpt-users] Modulation Issue

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Wed Feb 24 03:10:03 UTC 2010

Ted G. Freitas wrote:
> I wanted to throw this question out there and see if anyone could help.
>
> I am trying to use the XIPPR distribution of Centos from XELATEC, LLC.
> that appears to have some neat features. However when we connect a URI
> from DMK Engineering we are only getting about 1/2 volt peak to peak and
> .7 volts peek to peak if we run the audio through the amplifier.
>
> As a test we download the ACID distribution from app-rpt.qrvc.com and we
> get about 1.7 volts peak to peak direct and about 3.2 volts peak to peak
> through the amplifier.
>
> Anyone know where I would start to look at why just using a different
> Linux distribution would break this? Also if it turns out to be the
> USBRADIO.c driver, how would I go about recompiling an updated version?
>
> Thanks,
> Ted/KE6YJC

We don't spend time tracking what changes Steve Henke has made to XIPPR,  but my guess is that the files in the
asterisk/channels/xpmr directory are very likely to be significantly different between the two distributions.
XIPPR and ACID are forks and changes are not "cross pollinated" between them. We don't have the time nor the resources
to devote to that.

Steve
WA6ZFT