[App_rpt-users] DTMF falsing

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Feb 25 15:20:15 UTC 2010

Hi Ken,

I added some code that wrapped a simple finite-state-machine around the
existing tone detection code in chan_usbradio.c some time back. With this
code, DTMF tone passed thru the repeater until the FSM "accept" state was
reached--after a couple taps, as I recall. This worked well....In the
meantime, I discovered that if I turned OFF the RADIO_RELAX compiler flag
(from "make menuconfig" in the asterisk directory), I got even better
results. And, I subsequently removed the FSM code...

With RADIO_RELAX unset, I've had a few cases where DTMF from weak/noisey
signals wouldn't decode. But, this hasn't been bad enough for me to
re-enable RADIO_RELAX.

...Hope this helps!

73, David kb4fxc