[App_rpt-users] IRLP channel

Clint Frost KF6AAQ at gmx.com
Mon Jan 4 23:49:21 UTC 2010

Hello Folks,

I was excited to get channel-IRLP running on my node, but was shut down
by IRLP admin.

Thought I would let you all know. Maybe the best bet is to stay away
from IRLP? or order the IRLP board get online and swap software, but
thats not what Dave
wants I bet!

Has anyone else got this response (his email below)?

I'm very new to app-rtp so this might have already been brought up.

I love the ACID software so far!

73,

Clint KF6AAQ

======MESSAGE FROM DAVE CAMERON VE7LTD - IRLP=============

Sorry Clint, but due to several problems with crosslinking clients and
"phone access", we do not support this method of linking into an IRLP
node.

Several people in IRLP have expressed concern about this, and the
simplest
way I can honor their wants is to not allow them.

Sorry.

Dave Cameron
VE7LTD

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Clint Frost wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I did not order a IRLP board.
>
> What I would like to do is use this new Astrisk app-rtp software
called
> ACID. located here http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/node/57
> My friends are running it and it looks very interesting.
>
> I read up on the policy about cross linking other voip systems and I
will
> prevent that from hapening.
>
> I was following the directions on their website and was issued a
stn8744
> temp node number //////////
>
> "If you are installing a new node. Run the script first and complete
the
> installation before contacting IRLP for a new node number. Make a note
of
> the stnXXXX number in the script and reference it when contacting
IRLP.

--
Your pgp key has been uploaded to the servers.

1. You should already have access to the Echo Reflector.
2. It will take several hours until you can access other reflectors
    or be able to update your listing on the status page server.
3. Connections with other nodes will be possible after they
    update their files (happens automatically overnight).

Please do not reply to this message.  If you experience any problems
please contact installs at irlp.net .

73

IRLP Installation Team

--