[App_rpt-users] usb radio config file

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Wed Jan 6 00:03:35 UTC 2010

subsequent experimentation seems to indicate that if  you set
txprelim=yes
the audio overloading of the CM108 goes away.

I guess you get pre-emphasis AND limiting
or nothing at all

which is too bad because even though it says

; no - Audio is not pre-emphasized and limited.
; Suitable for use on a microphone input

once the signal has been trashed, it is not really suitable for
anything, especially a microphone input.

a better wording might be

Audio is not pre-emphasized and NOT limited
if audio level exceeds D/A dynamic range it will be severely distorted.
the user needs to make sure that levels do not exceed the maximum
warning: some of the pre-recorded GSM files exceed the maximum

It would be nice if there was an option for limiting with no
re-emphasis ...

Ken