[App_rpt-users] usb radio config file

David Powell-Williams dpowellwilliams at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 6 01:52:13 UTC 2010

I would check and see if you have already or need dc blocking between the
URI and the mic input as the mic input most likely has dc bias for the mic
cartridge... the URI does NOT like DC back fed. There are DC blocked inputs
and outputs on the other row of pins.. I found that DC was an issue on most
radios I am hooking to on both the TX and RX sides... It causes the audio to
get unsymetrical...IN general I use those pins as they are capacitively
coupled and most my issues like you are indicating.. stopped.. YMMV Just a
thought to check...
Doug
KD8B

Thanks Doug.

The MICOR does indeed have such bias but I removed it by uninstalling the
supply resistor in the exciter (ref: repeater-builder.com).  My URI
(modified FOB, not DMK) also has a blocking capacitor.

Appreciate the suggestion.

73,

Dave
VE7MQ.