[App_rpt-users] host name for DHCP

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Thu Jan 7 15:23:42 UTC 2010

Is this a centos/ACID box?

TRY adding or editing the "HOSTNAME=" line in:
/etc/sysconfig/network

 Was almost able to do this from memory but had to google it
 by searching for "centos change hostname"
 Not everyone is going to know exactly what to search for.
 :-) so I won't griping "google is your friend" anytime soon :-)

Tested here and works :-)

[root at N8LBV-R ~]#

-Steve

> Does any linux guru out there know how to change the DHCP client name
> from TEST?
>
> I followed the instruction to use system-config-network and suceeded in
> changing the shell prompt to the host name I want, but my router still
> says the node name is TEST.
>
> Some internet searching came up with the "dhclient" command - which
> works -  but after the next lease renewal it is back to TEST again.
> That name must be buried someplace in the linux configuration.
>
> Ken

> --
> believed to be clean.

Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.