[App_rpt-users] internal node: SUMMARY

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Jul 18 22:24:10 UTC 2010

This really should  be in the instructions somewhere -
but, basically, you follow the instructions for a two node system (could be followed for N nodes actually)

http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/node/49

the trick is

pick a node number <1999 and follow the instructions
except
do *not* put in the entry for iax.conf
and
in the [nodes] section not the node section (!)
you have two types of entries possible

example

[nodes]
1625 = radio at 192.168.1.109/1625,NONE ;
27061 = radio at 127.0.0.1/27061,NONE ;

the one with     radio at 127.0.0.1
says to go look up that node's address in a file that gets downloaded from the allstar server

the one with radio at 192.168.1.109/
says to use this specific and forever unchanging address for that node.
Of course, you fill in your own particular box's IP address

If your router changes the node number of your box, this will stop working.
I have a UPS on my router.

GL

Ken
27021 (web transceiver and internet streaming audio too)
27061 and
my private node: 1625   (162.55 NOAA weather radio)