[App_rpt-users] Identifier update

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Jul 24 18:32:20 UTC 2010

Chuck Kraly wrote:
> Ok, here is the latest
> We are running 0.255 and no matter where the key up comes from (rf, IAX) the
> talkover id runs, in the middle a CT sounds, and then the Initial ID runs.
> Our talkover is cw, and the initial is voice. Our group was discussing it
> and we have noticed it just started showing up in the later builds. When we
> are not sure.....
>
> Chuck K0CMK

It would be really helpful if:

1. You could identify which two versions of app_rpt.c are acting differently. e.g. Version 0.241 doesn't play the
initial id, and 0.242 does.

2. It's not completely clear what the problem is. Please post a test sequence with the id timer temporarily set to 30
seconds which reliably demonstrates the problem.

The project developer is unavailable right now, and I'm committed to other projects, and I would appreciate this help.

BTW: Talkover Identification messages will occur concurrently with the courtesy tone, it's always been this way.
It doesn't mean this is correct, but its really separate from the main issue.

Steve
WA6ZFT