[App_rpt-users] Kenwood Remote TRX

Jann Traschewski jann at gmx.de
Wed Mar 17 17:04:49 UTC 2010

Hi Jim,

> Well, sorry but *WRONG!!!*. 1200 packet mode rolls off the
> low side of the audio spectrum and makes CTCSS decoding
> completely impossible. Its not too happy with the high side
> of the spectrum and the squelch detection either. Thats why I
> was forced to use 9600 and having to give it a signal higher
> then the Alps.

For remote operation it already worked in 9600-mode (without the amplifier,
but with txboost=1) using the iaxRpt-client with a high mic-in level (+mic
boost). However using this client audio level with a standard repeaeter is
much too loud... So I will try 9k6+amp next weekend.

I have another question about the default shift on 70cm. I set it to -7.6Mhz
for german repeaters on the radio. After I logged in with the iaxRpt-client
asterisk will change it back to 5MHz for 70cm (and will jump to 2m
146.580...). I didn't found any documentation about the memory stanza in
rpt.conf. Using "-" or "+" will use the default shift. Is it possible to add
a shift for each memory?

Tnx,
73,
Jann