[App_rpt-users] stuck transmitting/timedout, can't get it to unkey

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Thu Nov 4 01:39:01 UTC 2010

Everything seemed to be working well and after trying things out the system
was sitting idle for an hour or so when suddenly I heard
an announcement that it had timed out.

>From what I can tell there is no reason for it to be transmitting, but it
is.

I tried radio unkey on both systems, I tried radio key followed by radio
unkey on both systems.  Still one system is transmitting even though both
show that they have timed out and that they have no reason to transmit other
than the 27383 is seeing 27360 in a keyed state. Why is 27360 in a keyed
state?

Here is showvars from each system right now.

server4*CLI> rpt showvars 27360
Variable listing for node 27360:
   XX_RPT_RXKEYED=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
   RPT_ETXKEYED=0
   RPT_RXKEYED=0
   RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_NUMLINKS=1
   RPT_LINKS=1,T27383
   RPT_NUMALINKS=1
   RPT_ALINKS=1,27383TU
    -- 9 variables

Server5*CLI> rpt showvars 27383
Variable listing for node 27383:
   XX_CAHVAR=1
   CAHVAR=1
   RPT_ETXKEYED=0
   RPT_TXKEYED=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
   RPT_NUMLINKS=1
   RPT_LINKS=1,T27360
   RPT_NUMALINKS=1
   RPT_ALINKS=1,27360TK
   RPT_RXKEYED=0
    -- 10 variables

CAHVAR is the result of these lines in 27383 rpt.conf

[functions27383]
988=autopatchup,noct=1,farenddisconnect=1,quiet=1,nostar=1,exten=04
0=autopatchdn

[events]
CAHVAR = v|e|${RPT_ALINKS} =~ "\"TK\""
*988 = f|T|CAHVAR
*0 = f|F|CAHVAR

I can just restart both systems to clear it but that will not help find the
cause.
Can anyone suggest how to troubleshoot the cause of this?

Chuck