[App_rpt-users] how to edit .gsm sound files?

Dale Weber n7pkt at hybotics.org
Thu Nov 11 21:12:28 UTC 2010

On Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:59:00 am Chuck Henderson wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to edit .gsm sound files?  I would like
> to cut some words out of some .gsm files and then put them together to
> form new phrases.

	You will probably have to use sox to convert the .gsm files to another
format, such as wav (sox a.gsm a.wav) and then edit with your favorite audio
editor (audacity, etc). Then you can convert back to .gsm (sox a.gsm a.wav)
and use them on your system.

> I just tried using audacity-win-1.3.12 but could not get it to
> recognize the .gsm files

	You need to convert to a format audacity understands first, then convert
back when you are done. Sox is great for audio format conversion. :)

	8-Dale
--
Open your mind, Read, Learn, Think, Apply.
AllStarLink Node 2392 / EchoLink node 6185 / 73, from N7PKT!