[App_rpt-users] Ubuntu

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Sat Nov 13 03:15:36 UTC 2010

I wrote some scripts for Debian Lenny that may or may not work, they should.
It will compile the latest SVN version. No IRLP support however, I've
deleted my IRLP install script, and chan_irlp is no longer available per
Dave Cameron's request.

I think the biggest potential issue with Ubuntu could be that it uses
Upstart instead of plain old init, but I've not had time to read about it
yet so standard init scripts may be compatible. Don't know for sure though.

Here's the link:

http://www.k1lnx.net/debapprpt.tar.gz

Make sure your root when you unpack and execute them. Let me know if you
have any hiccups.....

Hope that helps :)

73
Stephen
K1LNX

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Greg Thornwall <thorn at myactv.net> wrote:

> Has anyone get Allstar to run on ubuntu 10? I'm going on a couple of
> trips next year and would like to have everything (GUI, email, Allstar,
> IRLP) on 1 machine. Should I just try to compile it and see what
> happens? I'm not sure what the code dependencies are.
>
> Tnx, Greg

Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86
http://www.k1lnx.net