[App_rpt-users] CTCSS decode in software?

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Mon Nov 15 22:37:51 UTC 2010

It is working now with "rxctcssoverride=0"
I had read in the chan_usbradio.c file this comment...
 ; rxctcssoverride=0     ; default condition to not require rx CTCSS
That is why I had "rxctcssoverride=1" in my config file thinking it
would change from the default of not requiring CTCSS, to requiring
CTCSS.
Then after the first time I tried "rxctcssoverride=0", it still didn't
work but after another reboot of the system, then it does work.
Apparently "rpt reload" and "rpt restart" do not re-read the
usbradio.conf file for this option to take effect but a system
"shutdown -r now" did.
Thanks for the help
Chuck

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Scott Weis <kb2ear at kb2ear.net> wrote:
> ctcssfrom=dsp
> and
> rxctcssoverride=0
> should fix it

>>> hdwtype=0
>>> rxboost=0
>>> txboost=0
>>> rxctcssrelax=1
>>> txctcssdefault=131.8
>>> rxctcssfreqs=131.8
>>> txctcssfreqs=131.8
>>> rxctcssoverride=1
>>> carrierfrom=usbinvert
>>> ; Options - no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
>>> ; no - no carrier detection at all
>>> ; usb - via USB radio adapter COR connection ; usbinvert - same as
>>> above but inverted polarity.
>>> ; dsp - from RX noise using dsp methods ; vox - voice activated via
>>> RX audio ctcssfrom=dsp ; Options = no,usb,dsp ; no - CTCSS decoding,
>>> system will be carrier squelch ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input
>>> from USB adapter ; usbinvert - same as above but inverted polarity.
>>> ; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
>>> ; rxdemod option must be set to flat
>>> for this to work.
>>> rxdemod=flat
>>> ; Options = no, flat, speaker