[App_rpt-users] NodeShark archive utility now available for download

Keith Williamson hkwilliamson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 19:33:08 UTC 2010

Hello fellow node ops,

The first version of NodeShark (v.0.92) is now available for download. It
hasn't been tested extensively but appears to be in good enough shape to
distribute more widely and have real users provide feedback.

NodeShark is a simple Windows utility that allows the AllStar node operator
to filter through and analyze the logfiles generated by app_rpt and
find/playback the associated transmission recordings. Of course, for this to
be useful, you must have the "archivedir" directive enabled in rpt.conf. If
you already have "archivedir" enabled, you can start using NodeShark after
"sync"ing your archivedir directory with the Windows system you run
NodeShark on. NodeShark provides a built-in facility (in conjunction with
PuTTY) to keep your archived files synced up with a local copy on your
Windows system.

NodeShark is free and available for download at:

http://www.arizuni.com/NodeShark/

Many thanks to Jim Duuude for testing and finding bugs with the first couple
of versions! Jim also sent me a zip of an archive directory that had some
log record types I hadn't come across and was more typical of a high-traffic
node (unlike my little link node).

73's,

Keith

KF7DRV