[App_rpt-users] NodeShark archive utility now available for download

Keith Williamson hkwilliamson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 19:47:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Doug Hutchison
<specialq.que at ntlworld.com>wrote:

> ? requirements to set up archivedir?
>
> Doug
>

> On 03/10/2010 20:33:08, Keith Williamson (hkwilliamson at gmail.com) wrote:
>  > Hello fellow node ops,
>  >
>  > The first version of NodeShark (v.0.92) is now available for download.
> It
>  > hasn't been tested extensively but appears to be in good enough shape to
>  > distribute more widely and have real users provide feedback.
>  >
>  > NodeShark is a simple Windows utility that allows the AllStar node
> operator
>  > to filter through and analyze the logfiles generated by app_rpt and
>  > find/playback the associated transmission recordings. Of course, for
> this to
>  > be useful, you must have the "archivedir" directive enabled in
> rpt.conf. If
>  > you already have "archivedir" enabled, you can start using NodeShark
> after
>  > "sync"ing your archivedir directory with the Windows system you run
>  > NodeShark on. NodeShark provides a built-in facility (in conjunction
> with
>  > PuTTY) to keep your archived files synced up with a local copy on your
>  > Windows system.
>  >
>  > NodeShark is free and available for download at:
>  >
>  > http://www.arizuni.com/NodeShark/
>  >
>  > Many thanks to Jim Duuude for testing and finding bugs with the first
> couple
>  > of versions! Jim also sent me a zip of an archive directory that had
> some
>  > log record types I hadn't come across and was more typical of a
> high-traffic
>  > node (unlike my little link node).
>  >
>  > 73's,
>  >
>  > Keith
>  >
>  > KF7DRV
>  > AllStar: 2541
>  > Echolink: 477448

Hi Doug,

Just uncomment "archivedir" in rpt.conf and point it to wherever you want
the archive folder to live on your node. For instance on my node, I set it
to "/etc/asterisk/qso". I then create the "qso" subdirectory. You also need
to create a subdirectory below that one with your node number as its name.
Once you've done that, restart asterisk (astres.sh)

Regards,

Keith