[App_rpt-users] What are people doing if the site doesn't have internet?

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Mon Oct 11 00:22:44 UTC 2010

  Hi Everyone,
  I'm seriously considering running my Asterisk node at the repeater
attached to a Micor directly, instead of homebrewing a controller and
using an RF link to/from my house 10 miles away (not line of site).
Given that its a commercial site that does not have internet, what are
some options that users on this list are doing?

It's a self-funded system with less than 10 users and won't have a lot
of IP traffic. There are cell providers nearby and old telco circuits in
the room.

1) Buying a DSL business line.
2) Some sort of wireless broadband connectivity.
3) Stick with the RF link back to my house and use our DSL line here.

How much bandwidth should I buy per month for just AllStar?

I don't have anything setup yet (server class machine) but am becoming
more convinced that the full feature set of Asterisk/AllStar is what I
need (MDC1200 control, scheduler, courtesy tones, ID, etc). Otherwise I
want to keep the Micor mainly stock but add remote control. I've been
playing around with my node at home for a while now, and don't want a
typical "ham" controller. I love the idea of MDC1200 control over DTMF.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Tony