[App_rpt-users] New Node - 2392

Dale Weber n7pkt at hybotics.org
Wed Oct 13 22:39:50 UTC 2010

      Hello everyone,

     I've been working on finally bringing my node (2392) online, but
have been having some difficulty.  I downloaded the latest ACID ISO and
burned it to a CD, then used this to install onto my node PC. First I
tried the get files from server mode, which never worked.  Then I tried
entering my info manually, and this did finally work after I got all the
configuration files edited properly.  This installer does not get the
configuration files setup properly and in fact doesn't make any changes
at all to some of them.

     Anyway, my node shows up as being online now, but I am unable to
send commands to it at all. I know something is wrong, but I can't
figure out what. I've been reading every web page I can find about
setting nodes up, but still have something wrong.  The last install I
did, I chose to enter my node information manually. I can tar up my
configuration files and send them to somebody if that would help.  I
suspect there is some difference between the configuration I have on the
node and what is in the portal configuration for my node.

     Any help would be appreciated.

     8-Dale