[App_rpt-users] Firewalls and outbound connections

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:41:20 UTC 2010

yeah dude, thtat's exactly what a 'hub' is. It no different from a regular repeater node other
then its main device is a psuedo-channel.

JIM

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:50:36 +0000
From: pete.elke at esquared.com
To: app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Firewalls and outbound connections

Very Cool,

That was exactly what I was looking for.

One more question.  Can I have a central “HUB”
node (it would be in a 24/7 data center) that has no radios so all the inbound
servers can proxy in?

The idea would be that all of the tactical nodes would make one
outbound connection to the “HUB” and would never need to know the
node numbers of the other location currently connected.   I am
assuming this is a common practice, just a quick confirmation.

Thanks, and I can’t wait to get it running.

Pete