[App_rpt-users] Asterisk -r

"Jeremy R. Geeo [KDØEAV]" kd0eav at clear-sky.net
Mon Oct 25 19:47:09 UTC 2010

On 10/25/10 2:36 PM, Darril Holland wrote:
> At the shell prompt  asterisk -r  I get connected to Asterisk
> currently running on groves1(pid=2496) Is 2496 supposed to be my node#
> ? If so, this is wrong and how do I change it? Also after trying
> several different commands such as /dev/ttys0, /dev/ttys1 , /ect
> /asterisk/usbradio.conf  I get permission denied. Darril/WD5GJP

PID is the "Process ID" of the Asterisk instance you're connecting to.

It's just an integer value Linux uses to keep track of the process;
nothing to do with your node number(s).

If you are able to get connected in, you're good to go. Try some
commands on the console...

These might give you some ideas...
# help rpt
# help radio