[App_rpt-users] Bye bye IRLP.......

Kirk Just Kirk wb6egr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:13:05 UTC 2010

This is my feelings about the request from Dave Cameron.....
I personally have no problem DUMPING IRLP from my node (s).
The support from Steve and Jim FAR shadows the lack of support over the
years of IRLP, not to forget the "Superstars" like KL7M telling me what to
do.
When IRLP came "On Scene" it was amazing.People including myself flocked to
it and enjoyed it. But it seems there is a lot more to this then
"Technology"
It's my opinion that IRLP is literally infested with politics and the want
to make money off of HAM radio. Cameron's "My way or the Highway" attitude
has pissed me off for years.
The result of this is simple. Here in Las Vegas,Nevada a lot of us are
SHUTTING DOWN our IRLP nodes. They are no longer needed. Allstar simply
outperforms IRLP handsdown.
We will assist local repeater operators/owners with the removal of the IRLP
operating system and rebuild as a Allstar machine.Steve (WB9STH) and myself
(WB6EGR) will be attending the meeting here in Las Vegas
in April. We will bring Allstar equipment to the meeting that has been
installed in Motorola R-1225 repeaters,some built on ITX platforms.We have
several systems on the air that can be played with from the meeting at
"Circus-Circus".
IRLP is like a 20 gallon water heater compared with a NEW tankless
model..they both do the same thing, just one is faster,better,cheaper and
supported MUCH better. Saying goodbye to IRLP is really easy! Think of it
like
dropping a small-block 350 V8 in your clapped out 1974 Chevy Vega....

Kirk (WB6EGR)