[App_rpt-users] Question

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Wed Sep 8 20:56:38 UTC 2010

  On 9/8/2010 9:08 AM, Corey Dean N3FE wrote:

> I have been having a heck of a time trying to find a fob with a cm108
> chip in it.  I have 5 fobs here all from different suppliers and none
> of them have the right chip even though they were listed as a cm108.
>
> I had seen a alsaradio channel driver and tried that but it errors our
> asterisk with a 127 error.  Is there anything out there so that we can
> use serial/soundcard interfacing instead of a fob or the expensive
> quad card?
>
> Corey  N3FE

I just received 4 leaded CM108 fobs from China.  10 days, and they are
the right thing.
Google  "bestofferbuy cm108" without the quotations and click the first
result.  $6.90 - free shipping.

These may be a better choice over the dealextreme units as they have
routinely been the epoxied blob - not a leaded cm108 which makes PTT
signaling more difficult.

Also, I have used both the quad card and the fob.  Don't believe the
squabble over the superiority of the quad card.  The CM108 based
interfaces I have built and used have excellent audio quality and
squelch action.  I use the xelatec distro.  Tastes great - less filling.

Kevin - W3KKC