[App_rpt-users] Maxtrac as a remote base

Brian Kassa brian at kastar.org
Wed Sep 29 16:34:51 UTC 2010

I have been thinking about this for a long but have yet to start building out a system.  My need is for three commercial, frequency agile (pre programmed is fine) radios on a mountain top site connected back civilization via a long haul wifi connection.  I looked at the Maxtrac due to it's cost and 16 pin connector. For commercial service it is wideband only and does not have what I call a good method of changing channel.  If you move up to a GM300 or CDM you get the same 16 or 20 pin connector but 4 of those pins will switch frequency based on logic levels on those 4 pins.  I think the URI has 3 pins available so I could switch to 8 channels on the radio.  There are other radios that have this as well like Icom repeaters and Kenwood tk-X90 (6 low 7 VHF 8 UHF)

I had always assumed that this functionality was available in app_rpt.

Brian Kassa