[App_rpt-users] Cheap USB Fobs

David Osborn david.osborn at manx.net
Wed Sep 29 17:54:09 UTC 2010

I have used a bunch of these:

http://www.lindy-usa.com/usb-2-audio-adapter/42961.html
( http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-2-audio-adapter/42961.html for the Brits!!)

They *are* CM108, and they are not "Blobs". They are a breeze to modify.

Also - if it's of any interest - they work v-e-r-y well indeed!!

David Osborn
GD4HOZ

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:21:35 -0400
From: "Doug Bade" <kd8b at thebades.net>
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Cheap USB Fobs

Jim;

                I am not even necessarily advocating them for this
application. What I can say is ALL of the USB 7.1 devices I have bought or
physically have had access to have either CM1xx or SSS1623 chipsets.. the
5.1 marked devices. all bets are off.. In all the 7.1 sound devices I bought
that used to be CM1xx, current shipped product have the SSS1623 chips. ( I
have bought at least 8 or 10 lots of various sellers on Ebay).

                Obviously this is all  subject to change at the whim of the
Chinese sellers/builders. So it is a moving target. I use the ebay search
of" USB sound 7.1" and then filter by those who do state the chip, but you
are correct.. several that even USED to be CM1xx are shipping SSS1623 in
place of CM1xx. and are still claiming to be CM1xx.

                I have not seen any other chips being used in the 7.1
devices.. but others may weigh in.

As I stated.. I personally use URI's. I have no pony in the race here. I do
use them for other things I own about 30 of the little buggers of one
variety or another. Stay AWAY from the little green meanies for anything
where high resolution is an issue.. I find their "fidelity" atrocious and
would not consider them for anything besides a cheap headphone interface for
a PC with no other sound..

Doug

KD8B