[App_rpt-users] 2 systems on one LAN, each with an Echolink number

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 10 03:03:12 UTC 2011

I'll second Jon's advice... Another possibility not yet mentioned is to
operate a private Proxy server at another location, and configure your
second box to use the proxy for Echolink... I did just that back in about
2006 , although not using App-rpt.. It was all we could do at the time, so
it was 100% better than nothing.. However, that brings you up to 3 PCs to
operate 2 nodes...

Lastly, you could try what I'm doing here.. At my QTH, I operate several
Allstar nodes, and my solution was to connect the Echolink node to a hub
node (2210). Through experimention, I found that outbound Echolink calls
seem to work fine from any node, even when the RF nodes are not connected to
the hub node. I'm not sure if that feature was ever planned, but it seems to
work! I normally do not connect the RF nodes to the hub node. Nodes
2210-2213 are all running on a single P3/866 MHZ PC.

If I am expecting an inbound Echolink call (almost never), we can connect
any or all of the RF nodes to the hub node.

73 for now.

Kyle
K0KN
Allstar 2210-2215