[App_rpt-users] copying files between asterisk boxes under program control

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Apr 10 12:08:37 UTC 2011

> So, replace echo with your program on localhost which is producing data
> stdout, and cat with your program on remotehost which is consuming data
> on
> stdin.
>
> Are you transferring a stream of data, or just a file?

Andrew, apparently I still have not communicated this last part correctly.

My program - running on local host - is consuming data, not producing data.
The data is an mp3 file on remote host.
(We are going to turn that into a stream, but remote host doesn't know about
that).

You have forced me to think about things differently however (outside the
box, in fact).
One alternate approach would be install my streaming program on remote host.
Then the file it needs would be found locally.

Tnx
Ken