[App_rpt-users] 2 systems on one LAN, each with an Echolink number

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Sun Apr 10 14:15:28 UTC 2011

I like Jim's idea. But add a Virtual Interface to your network card.
"eth0:1" Your LAN can handle many different networks. If your running a
Linux router you can have lots of fun running two WAN's. Or ask your ISP for
a second IP address. How about using a USB CDMA card "Virgin Mobile Cheap"
on the mountain top for the second computer. Then you could just route the
EchoLink out the USB CDMA card and use it as a fail over route.

David