[App_rpt-users] adjusting squelch tail time ??

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Apr 17 20:23:23 UTC 2011

Assuming you are using CTCSS, you probably have the DSP squelch set too
loose and you are hearing the operation of the CTCSS decoder - which is
relatively slow.

You need to use "radio tune rxsquelch" with no signal on the machine to set
it.

For example:

>radio tune rxsquelch

Current Signal Strength is 666

Current Squelch setting is 780

You should set the squelch so that it is at least 100 points higher than the
background noise level.

You set it by typing a number after the command. For example

>radio tune rxsquelch 770

Changed Squelch setting to 770

GL

Ken